close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Noro Sonata

Take a gander at this lovely cotton and silk blend from Noro. Sonata is a loosely-plied DK weight yarn in some gorgeous vibrant colors.
Pic borrowed from Rav project page.
This would be amazing for a simple summer wrap, maybe a few stripes or a little subtle texture? I am loving this Corrugated Shawl by Raveler liveinstitches, especially in the natural.

Since the yarn is so loosely-plied and rustic, I would be cautious about using it for a sweater where it would get a lot of wear and might pill up. But I think a drapey tank or tee would be really cool.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page.
Riley from last summer's Pom Pom would be so cool. I have also been looking for a reason to make a short-sleeved Ranunculus, and this might be my perfect excuse.
What do you all think of the new summer-ready Noro?

No comments:

Post a Comment