close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Saturday, February 2, 2019

Lopi Time?

I would really like to make this.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page.
It's the Felix Pullover from Amy Christoffers. I feel like she really knows what I'm going to like and puts out a design right when I'm needing it. I don't know how she does it.
The sweater is worked at an open gauge for this yarn on a US10, so it would knit up super fast, and the finished sweater would be light and lofty. We have a fair bit of Lopi in the shop (more than this), so it seems like I should just choose some and cast on. I love this Galaxy, but we are waiting on a restock.
This red is stunning, too, but I'm also leaning toward a light grey or heathery green.
I would only need nine or ten balls, which would make this a very economical impulse sweater. Which color do you all think I should choose? How quickly can I whip this up with all of life's distractions? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment