close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, February 2, 2018

Ambiente

I'm loving all of these shades of Ambiente in the shop. This is a sport weight superwash yarn in some really cool self-patterning shades, perfect for hats, sock, baby sweaters...all the things!
We have this fun pillow to show off the colors, too. The front and the back are different to really showcase what this yarn does.
I used this to make some well-loved sock for my (adult-foot-sized) daughter with contrasting heels and toes. It may be a sport weight, but I knit these on US0s and they are wearing like iron. And my kid loves them, so it's a win all around. You will need two balls for a pair of adult socks. I added the contrasting heels and toes so I wouldn't run out of yarn. I would have been cutting it close without that feature.
Sally is talking about a restock of this yarn soon, and I think I need to get my hands on some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment