close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Cestari is Here

I'm so excited to see this rustic barny wool in the shop!
I've been oggling the Cestari Traditional Collection 2 Ply online for some time now, and I am beyond excited that I now have easy access to it. Look at all that marled goodness.
This yarn is 100% Targhee/Columbia wool, and it's crunchy and rustic and made in the USA. Cestari claims that it will hold up to a cold machine wash, as the yarn does not felt easily, but I don't think I'd chance it. Avoid dry cleaning to retain the lovely natural lanolin. Your knitted garment will soften up as you wear it and with each cold hand washing.

We have a pretty little swatch to show off how nicely this Aran weight wool knits up.
Sally is working on some nice cozy Hyak socks with the Cestari. They are going to be perfect for staying cozy by the fire at home.
Photo from Rav pattern page.
I've been holding on to this Sounds of Life Cardigan pattern for awhile now, looking for good alternative yarns in our shop. But now I can just knit it with the intended Cestari.
Photo from Rav pattern page.
If you like rustic and marled, this yarn is calling your name. Pop in and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment