close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Babies

Yes, this book is back in stock...All You Knit is Love: Knits for Babies 0-18 Months.
I know I talk about this book often, but it is just so good. My babies are all well out of the 0-18 month size range (and have been for about five years), but that didn't stop me from buying this book. A few of my most treasured projects were made from this collection. I like to think that the finished products will be treasured as well.
The Gry's Hoodie that I made as a shop sample has gone to live with its new owner, due to arrive in the outside world any day now. I have started a new sample using Bumblebirch Heartwood in the Dandelion colorway, another shop favorite. Keep your eyes peeled for that in the shop this winter.
I made these Ballonpants a few years back for one of my favorite small humans, and they will go down as one of my most precious knits. I loved every moment of work that I put into these, and I love how stinking cute they are on a big diapered baby bottom.
We have a lovely supply of Isager Spinni, Alpaca 1 and Alpaca 2 for these projects, although many work up beautifully in your favorite sock yarns.

If you have babies on the way, yours or otherwise, I cannot recommend this book enough. The instructions are clear, the designs are classic, and your finished work is sure to become a treasured family heirloom. What more could you ask?


No comments:

Post a Comment