close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Inspira

Oh, my. I mean...
Ann whipped up an Insira Cowl, and I am in love! I had a hard time leaving this one at the shop on Monday after work. It was the perfect pop of color! This cowl is incredibly well-loved on Ravelry. The free patterns has so many variations, you can create several and they might all be completely unique.
For this lovely version, Ann used two shades of Louisa Harding Amitola, two balls of #103 and one of #107. This yarn is buttery soft, and the colors are so beautiful! She made the Steampunk version, following the MissNelly modifications. 
She increased to 258 stitches, and she knit the first and last stitches of each section (to avoid the line). Ann also bound off in I-cord and then applied I-cord to the cast on edge for a nice, clean finish. 
There are so many fabulous versions of this cowl on Ravelry. Come on in and choose your favorite shades of Amitola. It seems like they pretty much all go together!

No comments:

Post a Comment