close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Interweave

I say this every year.  The summer knitting mags are often a little meh, in my opinion.  It often feels like everyone is just trying way too hard.  So, I was pleasantly surprised to see several lovely designs in the newest Interweave Knits.
It seems like the handknit summer tee is big this year.  Let's see what IK has to offer.  The Kayleen Pullover on the cover sports this lovely sleeve detail, a flattering scoop neckline, and delicate cabling.  It's worked in a light worsted silk blend, and I think Berroco Fuji would be just the thing.
Speaking of Fuji, the Farmstand Tee is designed with the lovely stuff.  It's a boxy, swingy sort of thing with a lacey yoke and fluttery sleeves.  Very pretty.
I know several of you have fallen for the Driftwood Tee.  The diagonal eyelet rows are sure interesting.  I would think about Classic Elite Firefly for this one.
The Hay Bale Tank is beautiful and flowy, too.  I know Sally was considering bringing The Fibre Company Meadow into the shop, but, for now, Shibui Pebble would be amazing for this.
The magazine offers a few non-tee options, as well.  I love this simple swirly Nautilus Hat, knit up with Cascade Heritage Silk.
If lacey hoodies are your thing, here are a few detailed shots of the Ocrecoke Cardigan.  Stunning, no?  Also worked up in sock yarn, this would be a labor of love.
Finally, my favorite.  I immediately fell for this nautical Starboard Sweater and its all-over fisheman's rib and shirt-tail hem.  I think the Rowan Softknit Cotton would be perfect for this.  Or Rowan Denim.  Oh man...that would be amazing.
Did you all find anything in the newest Interweave that inspired your summer knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment