close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mountain Top Chalet

The Mountain Top Collection from Classic Elite has arrived, and it is so beautiful.  The line features natural fibers in their natural colors, and I am really quite smitten.  We will be receiving trunk shows for each of the yarns, beginning with my personal favorite, Chalet.


Chalet is a chained bamboo and alpaca blend.  You'd think that fiber combination would result in a drapey puddle on the floor, but the chained construction, which has been so popular lately, really helps it retain a surprising amount of bounce and loft.  And, yes, it really is as soft as it looks in the photos...maybe even softer.


Our trunk show features designs from the Chalet pattern book, #9183.  First we have Appenzell, a gorgeous cabled pullover with some great texture.  I recently made myself a pullover with a similar profile, and I have been loving it.  I think this dolman sleeve silhouette is surprisingly flattering, and I love the cabled cowl neck.



This sweater is now on my list of must-haves.  Heidi looks like a basic cardigan, and I suppose it is, but the slip-stitch detail on the sleeve and back add a little something special.  And the red buttons.  I'm a sucker for pretty buttons.


The accessories are nice, too, although somehow I only managed to get a photo of this crazy thing.  This is Yodel, and it is a lot of fringe, my friends.



We also have Zermatt, Matterhorn, and Snow Cap, all pictured below.  I love the squishy bias rib of Zermatt.  The pattern calls for three skeins, and at only $10.25 a pop, that seems more than reasonable for my new favorite scarf.





I have also been dreaming of the Cobble Hill Pullover from Interweave Knits Spring 2012 in Chalet.  


The sweater is designed in bulky alpaca, but that seems like a bit much.  I think the lightness and loft of Chalet would be ideal.  

It is definitely worth a trip to the shop to see this yarn and the samples in person.  You really need to handle this stuff to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment